The Ontario government is working with The Fire Department and The Emergency Team to raise awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning to the public. Moreover, to point out that installation of carbon monoxide detector can assure safety for yourself and your family members.

 

Raise awareness of prevent carbon monoxide poisoning to the public. Reno compass advise you how to install CO detector to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.

install-co-detector

CO is found in fumes produced by furnaces, vehicles, generators, stoves, lanterns, gas ranges, or burning charcoal or wood. CO from these sources can build up in enclosed or partially enclosed spaces. People and animals in these spaces can be poisoned and can die from breathing CO.

When power outages occur during emergencies such as hurricanes or severe storms, the use of alternative sources of power for heating, cooling, or cooking can cause CO to build up in a home, garage, or camper and to poison the people and animals inside.

You Can Prevent Carbon Monoxide Exposure

Do

  • Have your heating system, water heater and any other gas, oil, or coal burning appliances serviced by a qualified technician every year.
  • Install a battery-operated or battery back-up CO detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall.
  • Leave your home immediately and call 911 if your CO detector ever sounds. Seek prompt medical attention if you suspect CO poisoning and are feeling dizzy, light-headed, or nauseated.

Don’t

  • Run a car or truck inside a garage attached to your house, even if you leave the door open.
  • Burn anything in a stove or fireplace that isn’t vented.
  • Heat your house with a gas oven.
  • Use a generator, charcoal grill, camp stove, or other gasoline or charcoal-burning device inside your home, basement, or garage or outside less than 20 feet from a window, door, or vent.

 

Reference: https://www.cdc.gov/features/timechangecodetectors/index.html